About Uttaradit

Uttaradit Province is located on a prehistoric area, evident by an excavation of a bronze drum from the early Metal Age at Tambon Tha Sao, Amphoe Mueang. Besides historical attractions, Uttaradit has many other places and interesting activities to offer. 

How to go

There are air-conditioned Bangkok – Uttaradit buses running from the Mo Chit Bus Terminal (Northern Line) every day. It takes around seven hours and a half. For more information, call 1490 or visit www.transport.co.th.

Online ticket booking is also available on www.busticket.in.th, www.thaiticketmajor.com, and www.thairoute.com.

There are also bus services between Uttaradit and other provinces and cities such as Chiang Mai, Lampang, Lamphun, Chiang Rai, Nan, Phrae, Phayao, Chiang Khong, Tak, Sukhothai, Phitsanulok, Nakhon Sawan, Phichit, Udon Thani, Loei, Sakon Nakhon, Khon Kaen, Ubon Ratchathani, Nakhon Ratchasima, Pattaya, and Rayong. For more information, call Uttaradit Bus Terminal at 0 5541 1940. 

There are trains from Hua Lamphong Railway Station to Uttaradit eight times a day, which include rapid trains, express trains, and special express trains. The journey takes around six to nine hours.

For more information, contact the State Railway of Thailand at 1690 anytime or visit www.railway.co.th. You have to book at least three days in advance via 0 2220 4444, available from 8.30 am – 4.30 pm.

Online ticket booking (e-TSRT) is also available on https://www.thairailwayticket.com/eTSRT/.




Wat Phra Borom That Thung Yang

Wat Phra Borom That Thung Yang is about three kilometres from town on Highway No.102.

Wat Phra Borom That Thung Yang

Wat Tha Sung

Wat Tha Sung (another name is Wat Chantharam) is at Mu 2, Tambon Nam Sum. It is an old temple from the Ayutthaya period. It was formerly called “Wat Chan” which is the name of an abbot. Wat Chantharam later was abandoned until 1789 when the monk Luang Pho Yai came here. Villagers asked him to become the abbot of the temple and he renovated it. The first location of the temple was on the bank of Sakae Krang River. The artifact of the place is a pulpit built by Luang Pho Yai that is opposite the temple. More buildings were later added by the monk Phra Ratchaphrom Yan Nen (Luang Pho Ruesi Ling Dam). The new convocation hall is beautiful with an ornately decorated interior. The inner windows and doors have pictures of angels. His Majesty the King presided over a ceremony to officially open the building. Surronding the building is a traditional columned wall. Images of Luang Pho Pan and Luang Pho Yai 3 times the actual size is at the corner of the front wall. Furthermore, the new site has a wide area as well as many pavilions with accommodation for meditation. The main hall is open during 09.00-11.45 hrs. and 14.00-16.00 hrs. daily.

Wat Tha Sung